Sunday, February 22, 2015

Songs for a Holy Lent in 2015 - A Meditation on Psalm 119

As we embark on the first full week of Lent, I thought it would be a good idea to include some songs for the Season.  Some will be mine, some will not.  Some will be old, and some will be so new, they are not even finished!

I know myself too, too well to promise a post every day.  However, investing more time in both people and in spiritual disciplines (like weekly Lectio Divina, culminating in songwriting experiments) is going to be a large part of my Lenten experience this year.  Therefore, I hope to share whatever it is I come up with.

To get things off to a good start, I am sharing an oldie and a goodie.  From the collection of songs I wrote and recorded between 1995 and 2004 (the most fruitful season of creativity of my life so far), this is "A Meditation on Psalm 119".  Great thanks to my dear friends, vocalist Gwen Camera and flautist Jennifer Atala.

I chose this because it came up in my very random Google Play mix while I was baking with my mom the other day.  It made me smile to hear the lovely vocals and flute, and it felt appropriate for the beginning of Lent.  Here you are.

If you would like to play along, here's a link to the lyrics and chords.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!