Saturday, April 19, 2014

"Praise to the Lord the Almighty" and "Ah, Holy Jesus"

Despite the fact that my slow pace through a MACT at Gordon-Conwell has taken up what's left of my creative juices these days, I have managed to mess around with some old hymns.  The first, one of my favorites that I had somehow neglected for about a decade, I have simply attempted to jazz it up a bit with some slight changes to the traditional melody and some syncopation to make it a little funky.


The other, is a hymn that - I am ashamed to say - I have never really heard (I mean, I've heard it, but never heard it) till just the other day at a Maundy Thursday service.  I loved the tune, but kept thinking, "I'd love to try my own tune with such a rich text and odd meter."  So, the next day, on a friend's porch swing, and way too early for my voice to be recording anything, I came up with this:



If you want chords or anything for these, please feel free to comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!